The World Press Photo/Fotografen Federatie multimedia research project reviewed the global emergence and development of multimedia in visual storytelling, especially photojournalism. We invited practitioners to research seminars in Amsterdam (September 2012), New York (November 2012) and Guangzhou (December 2012) to present their perspectives. A number of those participants were interviewed during the seminars. Presented here, after my introduction to the project, are five 10-minute video conversations with some of todays leading multimedia producers, who offer their own personal insights to address the project’s five starting questions:
1. How is multimedia being produced?
2. How is multimedia being financed?
3. How is multimedia being published and distributed, and who is publishing/distributing multimedia?
4. How are viewers consuming multimedia?
5. Which types of multimedia attract the most attention, and what are the criteria of success?